The Federal Government on Monday lifted the ban on religious gatherings across the country.
This was disclosed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Chairman of Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, at the daily media briefing in Abuja.
“Cautious advance into the Second Phase of the national response to COVID-19; application of science and data to guide the targeting of areas of on-going high transmission of COVID-19 in the country;
“Relaxation of restriction on places of Worship based on guidelines issued by the PTF and protocols agreed by state governments.”
See the summary below:
1. Ban on religious gatherings have been lifted by the federal govt but such gatherings are for churches and mosques only.
States to bring out the guidelines for their respective states…..
2. Banks to commence full operations from 8 am to 5 pm
3. Domestic air flight operations to resume by 21st June.
4. Interstate movements remain restricted except for goods and special services.
5. All offices are to open for normal working hours from 8 am to 5 pm except govt offices that open only for people from Grade 14 upwards.
6. Restaurants are still closed for sit-in customers. They are only to operate on take-away.
7. All schools remain closed but plan underway for those to write exit exams.
8. Bars, cinemas, clubs etc remain closed.
9. Hotels are free to open and operate including the restaurants inside hotels.
National curfew now from 10 pm- 4 Am.
Share with family and friends